Recently I was reading a very active discussion on LinkedIn in a group called “Educational Leadership”. I want to share with you an interesting question that was posed by an extremely well respected superintendent from the Chicago area.
“Education leadership has never been more important to ensure student growth and increase student achievement. How are we actively identifying and effectively preparing the next generation of leaders?”
Here is my response:
I like your question regarding how we are preparing the next generation of leaders. One of the issues I have identified is the need to teach Digital Citizenship. I have a solution for leaders who are serious about teaching this. It is called The Online Binder. How can we teach digital citizenship if we don’t have a platform to teach it on? This solution is user friendly and economical.
The Online Binder…. A game changer for education…
What is your school doing to develop a 21st Century student?
What if you could replace an actual binder and locker with a digital/portable one?
- Imagine an online platform that was safe and secure, created specifically for your school at less than $5 per pupil.
- Imagine having a tool that allowed for a flexible, creative, challenging and complex education in your school.
- Imagine having an online school community in order to teach authentic, 21st Century media literacy.
What is your school doing to teach digital citizenship? Do you have a digital platform that allows for:
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Initiative and entrepreneurialism
- Effective written communication
- Accessing and analyzing information
- Curiosity and imagination
- Social/emotional literacy
- Globalization and multicultural literacy
- Cyber literacy
How does your school provide these opportunities to your students? Imaging a LinkedIn or Facebook-like application created specifically for your school at less than $5 per pupil. Imagine having a tool that allowed for a flexible, creative, challenging and complex education in your school. Imagine having an online school community in order to teach authentic, 21st Century media literacy.
If you are interested in seeing this product and some sample teacher and student accounts, please contact me and I will send you the links!