With Father’s Day just around the corner, it’s time to start making those gift purchases for the special dads in your life. Finding the perfect present for these men can be more than a little challenging. After all, no dad really wants a new package of socks this Sunday!
So here are a few tips to help ease the stress of coming up with something a little more exciting and thoughtful than a tie with #1 Dad on it.
- Technology – Vague you say? Well yes, but since there is a new gadget every day, it’s very difficult to give you one piece in particular. Some helpful standards include blu-ray players, smart phones, digital cameras, laptops, electronic golf ball finders, and digital bbq readers.
- Personalized Gifts – It’s possible to personalize almost any gift you can come up with; adding a monogram, a favourite symbol or any other signifying features to a beer stein or his golf gear is one of the best ways to give your selected item a personal touch.
- Beer-of-the-Month – For the beer-connoisseur, there is this handy gift. Dad will receive up to 12 bottles of four different kinds of premium microbrews every month from award-winning breweries nationwide. To help with the cost, many sites offer 3, 6, or 12 month and even quarterly options.
- Golf – Though it might be so common that it’s almost a cliché, golfing is a great option for a lot of men. Not only is it a nice getaway for a few hours, it can also be a great opportunity to spend some quality time together, either learning from him or competing against!
- Gift Certificates – Although not very personal, sometimes this option is really the best gift there is. If your dad loves scotch, but you don’t know what brand he enjoys most or he is working on some home project, like a new deck, a gift certificate to the liquor store or his favourite home improvement store might be the perfect fit.
- Gifts Tailored to His Specific Interests – Everyone is different, and overworked dads are no exception. Taking your father’s interests and hobbies into account when selecting your gift is a good way to make sure you get him something he really wanted and to show how well you know your dad.
- BBQ Kit – What dad doesn’t love his grill? Many stores carry BBQ specific cookbooks that may spark his tastebuds. But good recipes aren’t always enough–it takes the right tools too. There are many kits that you can pick up that will give dad everything he could possibly need to get the job done. Don’t forget to include a humorous, yet practical, grilling apron!
- e-Readers or Tablets – Some dads love reading, but they also hate clutter. So why not splurge a little and purchase an e-reader? Nowadays there are so many versions of tablets and e-readers that it’s next to impossible to not find the right fit for your dad in your price range.
- Fishing Gear – For a few dads, fishing is like church. They find their peace out on a boat in the middle of a lake, rod and reel in hand, patiently waiting for the next bite. If this is your dad, then you may want to look into new gear that makes fishing a little more relaxing. Stores offer everything from boat beer holders to digital fish finders and high tech fishing rods to batteryless radios.
- Sports Tickets – Simple as it seems, sometimes the best gift that a father can receive is to spend his Sunday watching sports. A pair of tickets for you and your dad to go to see his favorite team play is a great experience both of you can enjoy!
There are no two dads exactly the same, so not every dad will like everything that’s on this list. Take the interests and tastes of the dad in your life into account when choosing his perfect gift, rather than falling back on the old standards. You would be surprised how a little effort goes a really long way!
Image Source: Miami